Community Resource Centre
What does St Anne’s Resource Centre offer
St Anne’s Resources centre is a point for the vulnerable women of Eastern European background to come together, help one another, build up contacts and learn.
The services include:
• Provision of a safe meeting space for women escaping domestic abuse,
• Helping women to overcome challenges and to provide emotional help and reassurance,
• Helping women to better integrate into society and to offer practical help with cultural integration and mainstream UK living,
• Providing a sign posting service of what resources and benefits are available and to provide practical help with filling up the forms and documentation.
• Being a contact point between women and Local Authorities and to provide translation services to them.
What does a Parish Nurse at St Anne's do?
Parish nurses are Registered Nurses working in churches or Christian organisations. We offer individuals and communities personal health advice, advocacy, support, health education and spiritual care.
We offer this support to people of all ages, beliefs and backgrounds.
Our Parish Nurse Elizabeth is available to offer support with your health needs. This may be to talk through your health and wellbeing. It may be to support you in seeking the most appropriate care for your needs. She is also able to offer the opportunity for you to explore the spiritual aspects of your health.
She cannot offer any clinical treatments such as dressings or injections but can support you in getting the care that you need.
What does St Anne’s Counsellor do
Counselling is a collaborative effort between the counsellor and client. Professional counsellors help clients identify goals and potential solutions to problems which cause emotional turmoil; seek to improve communication and coping skills; strengthen self-esteem; and promote behavior change and optimal mental health.
Our parish counsellor, Marina, will be able to meet with you on a confidential basis to discuss your situation.
Pastoral care, which involves discussions about God, Christ and religious questions are provided by the rector of the parish, Fr Timothy Curtis. The parish counsellor may refer you to him, where appropriate.